This role will be instrumental in strengthening systems and procedures of the Supply Chain function in the Save the Children Kenya and Madagascar, reinforcing the local capacity of staff and partners and ensuring an organised working system is in place aiming at efficiency, effectiveness and quality in satisfying the programmatic needs for all project implementation. The Head of Supply Chain will provide leadership to the supply chain team, ensures support and performs controls over all aspects of the supply chain function across the whole country office. The role holder well be in charge of the Supply chain team in Nairobi, and is technical referent for all Supply Chain Staff and functions at field locations including Madagascar. The role holder will also be responsible to coordinate with all relevant stakeholders and functions within the Country Office, by ensuring positive collaboration dynamics are in place, and that planning for ongoing critical activities performed together with all key colleagues involved in project implementation. Additionally, the role holder will assist the Director of programs operations and other members of the senior management team in ensuring the application of and adherence to all relevant SCI policies; provides technical lead in managing risks linked to supply chain management. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the post holder will work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, business administration, procurement or related field or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years senior level management including both development and humanitarian contexts.
- At least 5 years of experience in supply chain management in INGOs and/or complex /large scale programmes in humanitarian emergency response environments;
- Professional supply chain qualification from recognised institution/Membership of a professional body i.e. KISM or CIPS.
- Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics and supply chain, including procurement, transportation and distribution, warehousing and inventory management, fleet management, assets management, Experience in medical supply chain management etc.
- Experience in managing complex sub-contracting activities, especially for high-risk areas such as construction and Cash transfer interventions.
- Experience in strategic thinking and planning with respect to strengthening existing logistical systems.
- Experience in managing supply chain teams especially centralised structure, including senior roles at managerial level;
- Experienced in team development and capacity building.
- Ability to synthesize and analyse complex information quickly and clearly and make informed decisions.
- Ability to build positive relationships with a wide range of people, both internally and externally, and across departments and programmes.
- Excellent capacity for planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a high workload composed of diverse, complex tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- Knowledge of computers, especially MS Word MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook software.
- Understanding and commitment to the goals, values and principles of Save the Children.
- Experience in specific areas of supply chain, system rollout out (ERP) or process automation.
- Strong analytical skills, and capacity to make analysis and provide key data-based inputs to country office management team
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uMDkxOTguMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ…