TERMS OF REFERENCE
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Hewatele Limited is part of a group of companies that share a vision of providing innovative health solutions through cost effective and evidence-based methods. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Center for Public Health and Development (CPHD) group, a non-profit organization. Hewatele’s mission is to provide affordable medical Oxygen in Sub-Saharan Africa to avert preventable deaths.
The Operations &Technical Manager’s main objective is to:
• Collaborate with the team to oversee smooth running of daily operations while ensuring maximum
productivity of team members and cost effectiveness.
• Ensures strategies to meet annual business plans are implemented.
• Ensure maintenance, timely servicing of the plants to ensure maximum production capacity.
• Under delegated authority from the Chief Executive Officer, you will provide strategic direction for
the operations and technical teams following expected results.
• Contribute to the success of service delivery in HTL while ensuring overall operations are carried
out, effectively, efficiently, on time and in a transparent manner.
• Oversee operations and technical teams.
• Determine optimal techniques/processes for improving effectiveness and efficiency of business
operations while ensuring that knowledge is shared and applied within the business entity.
• Participate actively in the management practice while ensuring it is within the organizations
• Support to build capacity of operations and technical teams.
• Oversee and remain responsible for the day-to-day management of operations while ensuring
cohesion within your team members.
• Compile and disseminate quality monthly operations and technical report’s.
• Lead team weekly calls, set up agenda and follow up to ensure action points by team members
are led to completion.
• Develop necessary reporting tools for the team members.
• Support team logistics, establishment of work plans, and monitor achievement of results.
• Promote a client-oriented approach among all operations staff and also collaboration with
necessary partners and more cost- effective ways in business operations.
• Ensure all clients have service contracts.
• Follow up and ensure Government contracts are up to date.
• Visit the HT plants regularly with high focus of ensuring effective operations.
• Ensure relevant team support is accorded to the sales manager during development of tender
• Ensure relevant stock ups for oxygen plants servicing and accessories are processed in a timely
• Ensure Plant Administrators update the ERP system with relevant quality data while ensuring timely release
of invoices to clients and generation of team reports to guide in day to day operations of the
• Coordinate and support plant administrators with debt collections while escalating any risky debts
• Oversee fleet management and ensure smooth coordination with the procurement team to ensure
timely servicing and repairing of the company fleet.
- A University Degree in Business Administration, commerce, Management, Industrial technology or Industrial Engineering.
- Production experience in the gases production industry an added advantage.
- At least 5 years Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Proven record of people management is an added advantage.
How to apply
Kindly send your Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to email@example.com on or before 14th April 2021.In the subject line, indicate the job title-Operations and Technical Manager.