Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40+ countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks an energetic and creative candidate as Senior Technical Advisor, Reproductive Rights to provide technical and operational leadership to Delivering Innovation in Self-care (DISC), a $18-million five-year investment made possible with generous support from the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF). The DISC project works with consumers, healthcare providers, governments and health systems in Nigeria and Uganda to catalyze voluntary self-injection of DMPA-SC contraceptives and promote additional self-care behaviors. The investment aims to better understand the conditions under which consumers and providers will demand SRHR self-care interventions (aligned with the WHO Consolidated Guidelines on Self-care Interventions for Health), and the feasibility of delivering high quality, cost-effective, self-care services at scale.
Candidates should have significant technical leadership, management and program delivery experience preferably in Nigeria, Uganda and/or Kenya, have successfully implemented programs focused on reproductive rights; and a demonstrated track record in successfully developing strategies for innovative SRH service delivery approaches.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide technical and operational leadership to DISC in the area of reproductive health and rights.
- Lead an iterative design and learning phase in partnership with design agency partners and DISC country teams in Nigeria and Uganda.
- Co-develop a strategy and program design for a multi-country program to launch in 2022
- Identify strategic evidence needs with the support of research & M&E colleagues , and develop learning plans for the reproductive health and rights programming workstream.
- Lead the documentation of program technical learning, building on the existing evidence-base
- Promote close adherence to all ethical and safeguarding policies, with support of quality of care colleagues.
- Work closely with media and digital partners to design, test and optimize campaigns that engage key target audiences, to increase knowledge and improve access to SRHR products and services.
- Explore and document learning related to delivery of SRHR products and services beyond traditional models, including pharmacies, drug shops, e-commerce and community-based approaches
- Represent PSI and DISC as a subject matter expert in SRHR in front of government, peer organizations and donors
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant subject areas, preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience, including at least 5 years leading/implementing reproductive rights programs including the expansion of SRH self-care approaches.
- Experience in implementing and/or technically supporting fast-paced and adaptive reproductive health and rights programs across multiple countries, ideally including Nigeria, Uganda, and/or Kenya
- Experience in user-centered design, digital, media, and/or SBC
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Able to build strong relationships with colleagues based in other countries; able to work independently and collaboratively
- Fluency in English is required
- References will be required
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae by 22nd April 2021 to
Subject: Senior Technical Advisor, Reproductive Rights