The results of the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) were released today (Thursday, April 15) by Education CS George Magoha at Mtihani House in Nairobi.
The CS noted that despite being done at a unique time when the country was battling a pandemic, there was notable improvement in performance compared to 2019.
Mumo Faith Kawii topped the list, scoring 433 followed by Wesonga Yuvet Nanzala and Murithii Angel Gakenia who tied with 432 marks at number 2.
1,179,182 million candidates sat the KCPE exam between March 22 and March 24, 2021. 590,450 of the candidates were boys representing (50.07%) while 588,742 were girls representing (49.93%).
Gender-wise, memale candidates did better in English, Kiswahili and Sign language while their male counterparts did well in Maths, Science and Social Studies.
Here is a list of the schools that produced the top 15 KCPE 2020 candidates, arranged in alphabetical order:
1. Chogoria Girls – produced the number one & number ten candidates
2. Crystal Academy – Produced number 5 & number 11 candidates
3. Emmanuel Springs Academy – Produced number 12 and number 15 candidates
4. Freds Academy – produced number 13 candidate
5. Karatina DEB Primary School – Number 8 candidate
6. Kari Mwilu Day and Boarding Public School – Produced best student nationally
7. Lessos Hills Adventist – produced number 7 candidate
8. Maseno Girls Boarding School – produced number 3 best candidate
9. Nairobi Primary School – produced number 9 candidate
10. Nzoia Sugar Primary School – produced number 4 candidate
11. Ober Boys – produced number 14 candidate
12. St Mathews Septonok – produced number 6 candidate