This position requires to have at least 3 years of MSF experience as deputy or Logistical Coordinator with MSF logistical Network, preferably intersectional (MSF = “Médecins Sans Frontières” / “Doctors without Borders”).
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We work in over 60 countries, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF Operational Centre Brussels (OCB) is looking for a:
Product Referent (m/f/x), Kenya
Kenya Supply Unit (KSU) is the intersectional regional supply unit in Eastern Africa. At KSU we procure, store, and distribute medical and logistic items to the various MSF missions in the East African region and sometimes outside that region. Our services include also clearing and forwarding [import, export, and goods in transit], and handling of international freights coming from MSF Supply, MSF Logistique, and international supplier which pass through our Export Processing Zone. To guarantee medical quality we have Pharmacy Department managing GDP (Good Distribution Practices), dealing with regulatory activities and works closely with Regional Intersectional Pharmacist in the process of medical procurement.
The OCB Supply Chain director is currently the direct Line Manager for all managerial and supply related activities and developments, as OCB is the budget holder. The OCB Supply Chain Director is the chairman of the stewardship committee for KSU. This is a multidisciplinary advisory body, composed of members with different technical backgrounds, that guides KSU in its strategy definition and the follow up of the execution.
KSU’s operations has an intersectional approach. However, by Kenyan law we are part of OCB Kenya Mission and therefore the OCB Kenya country director is the referral point and responsible for all legal related matters. For security related matters the country director has the ultimate and final say.
The Product Referent should provide a panel of logistics solution for the mission in the region, by liaising with the mission understand better their needs, by collaborating with Technical Referent in HQ/ESC (European Supply Chain) and by working closely with the departments in KSU.
In that direction, the Product Referent should have a key role in the strategy sourcing of Logistics items in the region – with objective related to a decrease of overall costs of Logistics items with an increase of the product quality.
Purpose of the post
- To be the link between the RSC (Regional Supply Chain) and the various MSF actors to facilitate the understanding of the needs and collaborate to find the best solution
- To provide Technical expertise (quality, innovative solutions, standard) for Logistics items to respond to the needs of missions in East Africa via regional sourcing – improving our overall cost efficiency and reactivity.
- Conducts technical validation of logistical sources.
- Provides technical support to the missions.
- Guarantees the quality of information related to logistical technical items.
- Ensures adequate quality follow-up of technical logistical items procured involving suppliers, the Mission, QA, and/or Technical Referents in order to ensure the sustainability in sourcing.
· Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in Engineering
· At least 3 years MSF experience as deputy or Logistical Coordinator with MSF logistical Network (preferably intersectional)
· Experience in Technical Logistics Department in HQ is an asset
· Solution-oriented with proactive attitude
· Strong analytical and reporting skills
· Team player
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Fluent in English and B1 Level of French [Written and Spoken]**
· Expected starting date: immediately
· 12 months fixed-term contract, based in Nairobi, Kenya
· Salary according to MSF-OCB salary scale.
· Family position if international staff
· Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
· Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
· A dynamic and stimulating work environment alongside multicultural colleagues
How to apply
Online applications to submitted by 23rd of April 2021 latest via the following link. When clicking on this link, you will be directed to our online application tool.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.