The role holder will be expected to initiate, oversee and support the implementation of GBV and child protection strategies and activities at the refugee hosting areas in Dadaab sub-county. The GBV Officer will be responsible for supervising and managing the work of and providing guidance to the Community-based workers and community volunteers and working with the local administrations, department of children services, the national gender and equality commission and the county ministry of gender and social services. The role holder will work in 6 sub-locations/wards in Dadaab and lead the prevention and response to gender-based violence activities, strengthening the GBV referral process for survivors and creating awareness amongst the communities on gender issues. The role holder will lead on initiatives to improve safety conditions for women and girls in the targeted communities and provision of psychosocial support.
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: CP Coordinator
Nationality: Kenya National only
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in social work / social sciences or equivalent with preferably 3 years work experience in social work or related experience.
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large Case management caseload.
- Skills and passion to work with women and girls affected by gender-based violence.
- Understanding of harmful cultural practices in the community.
- Good IT skills including the use of Word and database software
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem solving
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Experience and skills in management of staff
- Local language and understanding of local context in Dadaab is strongly preferred
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
- Experience in documenting and presenting BID cases in an interagency panel
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uOTU3NjguMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ…