Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
IR started operations in Kenya in 1993 on orphan sponsorship programme through a local CBO in Mandera District, Northern Kenya. It opened its fully fledged office in March in 2006 at the height of drought in the Horn of Africa. Since then, IR has been providing humanitarian and development assistance to vulnerable communities. Over these years it has implemented various development and relief activities in Mandera. This has remarkably changed the lives of the vulnerable and disadvantaged communities. In January 2010, IRK extended its operation to Wajir County, neighbouring Mandera, in January 2012 expanded to Garrissa and Dadaab, and in October 2017 opened programme office in Kilifi County.
IR aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender and implement our work within the following themes: Disaster & Humanitarian Response; Sustainable Community Empowerment; and Education, Child Protection and Development Integrated sustainable development is one of the broad global goals adopted by Islamic Relief in its institutional strategic plan that contribute to Empowering local communities move out of vulnerability and realize their God given potentials
Islamic Relief Kenya in pursuit to support and strengthen its operations, seeks to employ motivated, hardworking and pro-active individuals to fill in the following position.
Job Title: Emergency Project Assistant (PA)
Reporting To: Project Officer
Base Location: Garissa 100%
This position holder will serve technically and administratively under the supervision and guidance of the Officer. The project assistant will support in the overall implementation and monitoring of Emergency response project in Moyale sub county, Marsabit County. The project intends to save lives and livelihoods of the drought affected communities by improving access to basic need such as food through provision of unconditional Cash transfer to the most vulnerable household, increased access to clean water through rehabilitation of strategic water sources as well as protection of vital assets such as livestock.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct social mobilization to sensitize the community on the project activities.
· Work closely with the Community owned resource persons at all levels Mobilization, sensitization, registration, verification of beneficiaries and general implementation of the project including right holders’ complaints handling.
· Assist in the development of project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the emergency response Programme and strategy.
· Assist in the assessment of the water sources to be rehabilitated and supervise the implementation of the activity.
· Ensure timely implementation of project activities as per the work plan, budgetary, standards and procedures.
Monitoring, Documentation, Communications, and reporting
· Ensure the project target is achievement is in line with the plans and result framework.
· Develop project implementation tools including Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), M&E Plans, Procurement Plans, Communication plan, weekly/monthly work plans as may be necessary.
· Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate action.
· Ensure timely submission of project reports as per IR and Donor requirements.
· Regular monitoring and evaluation of project implementation at field Level.
· Prepare and submit reports on time.
· Ensure compliance with the requirements of the IRK’s M&E System, Core humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other relevant policies.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Diploma in Disaster Management, Project Management, Development studies or related fields.
· Minimum of at least four (4) years’ experience in in disaster management and project management
· Experience in projects planning, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
· Experience in Cash programming.
· Knowledge of the key issues and trends in advocacy and social mobilization.
· Past work experience with the similar geographical context is desirable.
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team to implement the project.
· Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
· Fluency in English – written and verbal.
· Effective IT Skills (Microsoft Office, MS word, MS Excel).
· Effective report writing skills.
· Ability to multitask and perform in busy working environment.
· Passion for work and Honesty.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet strict project deadlines.
· Team player.
· Ability to identify and solve problems.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 10th May, 2021.
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis