Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist
Grade: 6 (N)
Division: Information Technology (IT)
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the daily maintenance of the organization’s computer, network systems, helpdesk management and assisting individual staff with resolving computer software and hardware problems (staff support). The position requires flexibility, initiative and confidence in dealing with different types of systems and more importantly, different types of people.
This position reports directly to the IT Support Supervisor.
- Achieves and maintains a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP, DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management for RSC Africa
- Mans the helpdesk and categorizes, prioritizes, assigns and escalates IT requests as needed
- Responds to help desk requests within the stipulated timelines, and provides first line support
- Escalates and follows helpdesk requests to other IT staff per CWS and RSC policies and standard operating procedures
- Plans for and delivers IT training to RSC staff
- Works with the IT Support Supervisor in analyzing helpdesk data to make inferences on training and technological needs
- Conducts field processing circuit ride servers preparation, deployment and remote staff support
- Collaborates with and supports the two sub office IT staff in their tasks and various projects
- Travels to remote locations for equipment and staff support
- Working with the IT Senior specialists on various tasks and projects
- When needed, covers the responsibilities of the other IT Specialists
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or IT Management
Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field is required; other advanced professional training in IT related field is preferred.
2 years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties is required.
Two years’ experience in managing and maintaining computer networks, preferably Windows based networks, is preferred.
Knowledge / Skills:
• Strong troubleshooting and problems solving skills in a Windows based environment.
• Good problem solving skills and willingness to constantly renew required knowledge. Through knowledge of TCP/IP Architecture.
• Knowledge and working experience with administration of database systems, especially MS SQL Server.
• Knowledge in networking (LAN, WLAN and VPN), especially with Cisco managed devices (Firewalls, Routers and switches)
• Strong, up-to-date knowledge in systems security in a large network environment.
• Strong knowledge in domain management and Active directory services.
• Strong knowledge in MS Exchange mail system.
• Strong knowledge and skills in Windows server 2016 and above setup and administration.
• Strong knowledge of using and managing IT Helpdesk systems.
• Knowledge in Intrusion prevention and detection systems (Cisco Firepower or any other)
• Knowledge in data leak, loss and encryption methods (McAfee or any other)
Abilities: The IT Specialists must have the ability to:
• discuss technical information with users of diverse technical levels and discern their needs;
• facilitate and negotiate;
• communicate technical reports effectively at any level;
• communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
• deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
• conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
• maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
• work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level;
• take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
• lead others and address issues as they arise;
• maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
• manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
• analyze and solve complex problems;
• work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation; effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
• actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying moderate loads.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust.
Certificate of Good Conduct is required before the start of employment.
How to apply
Click on CWS careers site –https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com