Job Title: Software Developer
Grade: 6 (N)
Section: Information Technology (IT)
This position is primarily responsible for the development of software applications to meet the business requirements of CWS RSC Africa, with the emphasis of the position being on the design and development of bespoke applications to meet the specific organizational requirements.
This position reports directly to the Senior Software Developer.
- Achieves and maintains a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP, DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding database management for RSC Africa programs.
- Designs, develops, tests and implements proposed custom applications for the organization to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Development, integration and maintenance of existing custom applications.
- Develop and document testing plans and carry out any necessary tests to the developed software to ensure functionality as requested.
- Organization websites development, maintenance and support.
- Off-the-shelf cloud and on premise automation systems analysis.
- Writes and maintains documentation, both technical and user manuals, for developed software.
- Training staff on the use of developed applications.
- Resolves software development requests escalated from service desk.
- Implementing the NIST 800-53 security controls in software development projects.
- Collaborating with the site and sub offices IT staff in supporting software applications.
- Provides input and recommendation to the IT manager on IT automation.
- When needed, covers the responsibilities of the other IT specialists.
- Working with other IT specialists on various tasks and projects.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the IT Manager or/and SSD.
Bachelor’s Degree in IT required.
4 years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties is required.
Experience in ICT project management preferred.**
- Strong knowledge in the .Net and web development environment with relational databases.**
- Strong knowledge in MSSQL Database architecture, design and development, including SQL reporting services, BIDS reporting environment. **
- Strong Knowledge in Object Oriented Programming.**
- Knowledge of GIT Version Control.**
- Knowledge in essential Windows and Linux system administration.**
- Android using Java or Kotlin experience a plus.**
- Knowledge of Model View Controller (MVC) a plus.**
- Knowledge in React Framework a plus**
- Knowledge in writing unit and integration tests a plus**
The IT Developer must have the ability to:
· interpret written requirements and technical specification documents;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
· take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
· lead others and address issues as they arise;
· maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
· work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying moderate loads.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust.
Certificate of Good Conduct is required before the start of employment.
How to apply
Click on CWS careers site – https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com