The Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) Kenya is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit organization established in 1985 to promote women’s individual and collective power to claim their rights in all spheres of life. FIDA Kenya is a membership organization with over 1,100 women lawyers and law students and is committed to creating a society that is free from all forms of discrimination against women in Kenya. The organization works towards addressing challenges facing women’s access to their social, political, and economic rights.
FIDA-Kenya welcomes applications from qualified candidates for the Procurement Officer position under the Institutional Strengthening Team based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Human Resource & Admin Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively executing procurement and logistics functions across the organization while ensuring value for money, integrity and transparency, and compliance with established procurement policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in prequalification of suppliers, conducting the due diligence, negotiate service level agreements and maintain an updated list of suppliers;
- Processing requisitions for the procurement of goods and services, including requesting for quotations, preparing and facilitating approval of quotations analysis report, and issuing Local Purchase Orders (LPOs)/contracts/agreements;
- Ensure that all selected suppliers are prequalified, or the necessary justifications are submitted for any purchases outside the list of prequalified suppliers;
- Place orders with the selected suppliers, and follow up on the delivery of good and services, as per the order specification;
- Track the status of all procurement transactions in the ERP System;
- Liaise with Finance team to process payments for all goods delivered and services rendered;
- Maintain proper procurement records, including electronic and hardcopy procurement files for each purchase and tracking the usage of suppliers;
- Assist with stock counts and store documentation;
- Conduct evaluation on supplier’s reliability, quality, prices of goods/services, terms & conditions, after-sales services, and submit reports to the management team;
- Ensure that all procurement activities are strictly adhering to FIDA-Kenya Procurement and Finance Manuals and relevant donor requirements;
- Perform other day-to-day administrative duties of a Procurement Unit.
Person Specification: Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Purchasing, or Supply Chain Management. Having a professional certification from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) is desirable.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in procurement in the NGO sector.
- Be a member of a relevant procurement professional body e.g., the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and coordination skills, strong customer service focus, and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively, to multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
How to apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send a motivational cover letter and detailed CV to The Executive Director, FIDA-Kenya, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 24 May 2021. The application MUST include contacts of three referees, one of whom must be a former supervisor, expected salary, daytime contact, job title, and job reference number. Candidates should NOT attach academic and professional certificates at the application stage.
Only email applications will be considered, and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis (age, gender, sex, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status) and does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.