Software developers are generally responsible for the development of software-based applications, application interfaces (API), report development, and building custom software solutions used by the business. They are also involved in ongoing development, testing, and troubleshooting of existing applications. They will be involved in the planning, design, development, and testing of applications(s); as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. The goal is to provide a working software product that can store, retrieve, and manipulate data from an internal database. These responsibilities will include owning, building, enhancing, and resolving application issues including resolving bug reports, and resolving any application issues reported by the end users. Application developers will also respond to application outages, web server issues, and working with others in the Information Technology department to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Designing software applications using Microsoft .Net framework with the C# language.
· Building MVC software (model, view, controller) utilizing Entity framework or similar frameworks.
· Design and develop reports using SSRS report builder 3.0 or newer.
· Create new reports and modify existing reports using our existing report standards.
· Assist primary users with the identification of and documentation of business requirements for reports.
· Based on requirements, develop logic for reporting, analytics, or dashboard designs.
· Experience with Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Services (or GitHub) integrated source code repositories.
· Building Microsoft .Net web-based applications that store, retrieve, and manipulate data.
· Building Microsoft .Net web-based REST application interfaces (API) with Microsoft Visual Studio.
· Able to establish or follow build processes utilizing software version control and code repositories.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio (2017/2019) and MVC concepts.
· Research, test, build and assist with the installation of any new application or software solutions.
· Address any issues related to systems integration, compatibility, performance, and platform standards.
· Proven experience in one or more SDLC methodologies such as waterfall or agile.
· Consult with IT project teams where needed regarding application design requirements or build instructions.
· Collaborate with other developers and team leads on development standards and conducting code reviews.
· Participate in the development of end-user training manuals and training procedures for end-users.
· Experience with web service technologies including SOAP, XML, and JSON.
· Experience with task management, task assignment, and task tracking software platforms such as JIRA.
· Process work accurately and in a timely manner.
· Always pay attention to detail.
· Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements.
· Assist the database developer with the optimization of all installed applications related to performance issues.
· Responsible for application and website design and documentation code libraries and code components.
· Work with project management and IT support teams on ensuring maximum performance of all code.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or training.
· Contributes to overall team effort by accomplishing project or development related results as needed.
· Establish an environment of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning, a commitment to quality, welcomes and encourages collaboration, and fosters both intra and inter-departmental dialogue and respect.
· Model the type and level of behavior, professionalism and personal leadership that is in accordance with the values of the organization.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field, or equivalent training and experience related to website application development.
The following need to be very specific to Microsoft Visual Studio and the .Net framework.
8+ years of proven application development experience required using C#.
Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Azure DevOps or TFS.
Experience with .Net coding, conducting code reviews, and software development standards.
Excellent technical problem-solving capability recommended.
Experience with the “data first” and “code first” software development approaches and website application development is required.
Experience in testing, developing use-cases, and executing test plans are required.
Experience with modifying existing application code and use of code repositories such as GitHub
Experience working with Microsoft Web Servers (IIS) or Azure web application services.
· Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient application code.
· Implement and manage company code management practices and policies.
· Good understanding of design patterns and database architecture concepts.
· Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
· Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills.
· Good time-management skills
Licenses and Certifications:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (NCSD) or Expert Level (MCSE) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**
Computer Skills – Advanced skills using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly, persuasively, and professionally in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Reasoning – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Works in a normal office environment where there are few physical discomforts associated with changes in the weather or noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
The incumbent’s working conditions are typically moderately quiet.
How to apply
If you meet the qualifications and requirements stated above send your application and detailed CV with relevant documentation to the HR-Kenya@feedthechildren.org or Hrassistantfirstname.lastname@example.org by 20th May 2021.**
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Feed the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer