Job Title: Travel Logistics Manager
Grade: 9 (N)
Level: Level 2 Manager
Department: General Services
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This position is primarily responsible for all Travel and Logistics functions for CWS Africa including strategic planning and management, providing consultation to management on projections and budgeting, organizing, coordinating, and controlling logistics activities. The position is responsible for developing, coordination and implementation of travel and logistics policies for CWS Africa operations and ensuring adherence to these policies. This position also provides technical support and oversight of logistical functions for CWS sub-offices across the region.
This position directly supervises the Nairobi-based Travel Logistics Supervisor and indirectly supervises the Travel Logistics Specialists, Officers and provides support to the logistics units for CWS Africa regional offices.
This Position reports directly to the Administration Coordinator.
Strategic Planning and Management
- Contributes to the organization’s strategic planning process.
- Translates organizational strategy into achievable departmental goals and objectives.
- Contributes to the development of Logistics departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls activities and actions of the Logistics Department and ensure that they are in line with the larger organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensures that logistics functions and practices are aligned and harmonized in all CWS Africa offices across the region.
- Manages and drives resolution for all logistics issues raised after travel from the field.
- Collaborate with security office to develop and implement contingency plans for all field locations.
- Represent the organization in Interagency Travel and Logistics forums.
- Coordinate the budgeting process of all Travel budgets within the region.
- Develops, maintains and periodically revises standard operating procedures for travel logistics policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with 2CFR200 guidelines, Cooperative Agreement, relevant OMB Circulars, other USG guidelines and applicable laws.
- Puts in place systems and mechanisms to ensure that the logistics department is compliant with policies and guidelines.
- Monitors compliance and adherence to the SOPs to ensure consistent work output and puts in place systems and mechanisms to address non-compliance.
- Coordinates with other admin units, the programs division and the sub-offices to develop best practices to increase efficiency within the department and the entire organization at large.
- Ensures that all Logistics vendors within Sub Sahara Africa are assessed, vetted appropriately and cleared as per USG guidelines and CWS policies.
- Schedules regular process reviews to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of logistics processes and ensure consistency of logistics practices in all CWS Africa offices.
Travel Budget Management
- Collaborates with Programs Management and all budget holders to strengthen the budgeting process.
- Collaborates with Finance Manager to monitor the travel budget spending and ensures the organization is spending within the approved annual travel budget.
- Work closely with Software Developers to enhance the budgeting tools in place and/or suggest more advanced tools.
- Coordinates review of received budget projections for accuracy and costing.
- Manages maintenance of an updated cost platform for all required travel items within all processing locations in Sub Sahara Africa.
- Coordinates receipt of monthly, quarterly and annual travel projections and ensures they are received in Finance within the stipulated time period.
- Manages costs of all procured travel services within Sub Sahara Africa.
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to the Travel & Logistics Supervisor including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
- Oversees on-boarding of new staff, establishes performance expectations, monitors staff performance and provides objective feedback on a timely and regular basis.
- Build bench strength for logistics department staff through coaching mentoring, training, feedback and identifying and addressing knowledge and skills gaps. Ensures that coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out within the department and coordinates with Human Resource Department appropriately;
- Communicates performance expectations during on boarding and training.
- Conducts continuous performance management throughout the year in collaboration with Logistics Supervisor
- Maintains accurate and current job descriptions for the logistics department
Vendor Management and Cost management
- Conducts annual vendor assessment in collaboration with CWS security office.
- Establish and manage lasting professional relations with all external stakeholders including partners, consulates and service providers.
- Oversees vendor reconciliations in collaboration with Procurement and Finance.
- Develops and manages updated Key Performance Indicators and vendor management procedures for all vendors within Sub Sahara Africa.
- Conducts research on travel costs, market trends and proposes implementation of the most valuable options to the organization.
6. Evaluate the market to ensure CWS is receiving value for money while using competitive vendors within the region.**
- Monitors the quality of services offered to CWS and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open door and the escalation policy.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations to staff to foster a consistent work environment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, strategic management or international procurement is required.
Masters Degree in the same field is preferred.
Knowledge in International relations is an added advantage.
· Eight (8) year’s work experience is required.
· Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required.
· Experience in field team processing activities for various locations is preferred.
· Experience in managing administrative roles is preferred
· Experience managing travel budgets is preferred
· Knowledge in Amadeus or other booking tool is an added advantage
· Demonstrated written and verbal English skills;
· Demonstrated budgeting skills;
· Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
· Demonstrated strong communication skills.
· Demonstrated interpersonal relations
· Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workload
The Travel and Logistics Manager must have the ability to:
· maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· take initiative;
· maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Normal office working conditions
Special Requirements: Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.** Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
How to apply
Click on CWS careers site – https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com