Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Resilience Learning Activity (RLA), Kenya
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party for the Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) in Kenya, funded by USAID. With the goal of strengthening resilience capacities and evidence-based resilience programming in the Horn of Africa, RLA supports regional, national, and local organizations and institutions in Northern Kenya, Somalia, and the Horn of Africa to undertake analysis while building their capacities for analytics, facilitating learning for adaptive management, and improving knowledge management and communications, advancing the objectives of USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) and the Horn of Africa Resilience Framework. RLA works closely with the Partnership for Resilience and Economic Growth (PREG), the Horn of Africa Network (HoRN) Learning, and the Somalia Resilience Partnership (SRP) to strengthen their ability to lead, manage, and advance collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) in resilience programming.
The Chief of Party will provide strategic leadership for the program with an adaptive management approach to project implementation, oversee all staff and activities, and champion a collaborative, inclusive learning environment. S/he will serve as the program’s key liaison with headquarters, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Provide overall strategic leadership and programmatic direction for the program.
- Oversee all administrative and financial aspects of the award implementation.
- Supervise annual results reports, resource requests, quarterly reports, and pipeline analyses.
- Develop a program implementation plan.
- Establish work plans and annual performance goals for team members, ensuring timely and quality execution of group deliverables.
- Analyze budgets, review and approve financial reports, and ensure all required regular and ad hoc reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Develop strategies to respond to changes affecting the program’s successful completion.
- Ensure that expected results are achieved on time, within budget, and in compliance with USAID’s policies and regulations.
- Ensure transparency of bidding processes and selection of consultants and subawardees. Provide input on program selection and implementation.
- Monitor and evaluate all work, ensuring a clear delineation of roles and responsibilities. Oversee activities that relate to program evaluations.
- Serve as the key liaison with ACDI/VOCA HQ, government officials, local and international NGOs, implementing partners, community members, and USAID. Deliver conference presentations on behalf of ACDI/VOCA.
- Maintain clear lines of communications in the field and with headquarters.
- Comply with all applicable donor, ACDI/VOCA, and government rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Foster strong relationships with USAID Missions, operating units, and partner implementing organizations, in addition to host government institutions, nongovernmental organizations, and donor community.
- Undertake area assessments to identify needs and future direction. Develop existing and new program opportunities.
- Foster a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related issues.
- Travel to site offices as needed to provide technical assistance and troubleshoot.
- Advanced degree in economics, business, agriculture, development studies, international relations, or related field
- Demonstrated expertise and experience as a COP in managing complex development activities in African context, with a budget of min $5 million
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of learning and adaptive management strategies
- Proven commitment to local solutions and local organization capacity building
- Demonstrated commitment to gender streamlining and women’s empowerment activities
- Strong understanding of Knowledge Management and Communications, including technology for high level remote presentation with multiple stakeholders
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and ability to foster collaboration with local governments and implementing partners
- Ability to travel within Kenya and region
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Swahili is highly desired
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.