The role holder will be expected to provide effective coordination of the community-based child protection structures and institutions in Dadaab. To coordinate effective implementation of child protection activities in IFO Main, Dagahaley and the host communities and monitoring of activities. The individual will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance and technical expertise to Child Protection Implementing staff and support to the community workers and structures where necessary. The role holder will be in charge of leading sensitization efforts and challenging deeply held harmful traditional and cultural practices that are impediment to attaining children rights and elimination of child abuses. The core function of the role is to ensure prevention of violence and abuse against children through awareness creation, leading campaigns to end violence against children and ensure community-based protection structures are functioning well.
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: CP Coordinator
Nationality: Kenya National only
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in social work/social science, development studies or any related field with 6 years’ experience working with INGO
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of community based child protection approaches, preferably including experience in participatory approaches (PRA/PLA) and child participation methodologies.
- Ability to use a wide range of child counseling methodologies
- Good managerial and IT skills including the use of Word and database software
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures
- Experience and skills in management of staff.
- Understanding of local context and local language.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions and activities for children
- Experience of working in an insecure environment
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uOTUyNTkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ…