Job Title: Senior Case Processing Assistant
Grade: 4 (N)
Level: Associate Specialist
Section: Case Processing/ Processing Support
This position is responsible for the processing of refugee case files under the direction of the unit supervisor. The position may also be responsible for responding to refugee, partner and other inquiries, and conducting case management on specialized pipelines (e.g. minors, expedites, family reunification, longstayers, among others).
This position reports directly to the unit Supervisor or Specialist in Case Processing and Processing Support.
- Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the unit Supervisor, ensuring adherence to RSC Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conducts tasks related to all stages of case processing dependent on operational priorities, including case creation, security checks, USCIS admin, scanning, scheduling, medicals, assurances, travel processing, and responding to inquiries.
- Takes a lead role in projects within Case Processing/ Processing Support including planning workflow, providing direction, identifying reporting parameters, setting timelines and completing quality control checks on the project.
- Confirms that staff have appropriate rights/access to essential folders and databases to facilitate their work.
- Assesses daily unit reports and recommends work plans, pipeline reviews and clean-ups.
- Takes the lead role in the creation of daily work plans in the absence of the Supervisor or as delegated.
- Runs QC reports on data and identifies action items and reports these findings to the Supervisor.
- Assists in the development of Case Processing/ Processing Support onboarding and training procedures and modules as well as assisting in their implementation as required.
- Assists with case management through a holistic review of USRAP cases and follow up with relevant RSC Africa processing teams to effect changes needed.
- Provides guidance to staff with regards to deferrals and case status inquiries from Refugees, Partners, Attorneys, Resettlement Agencies and Congress either electronically or via physical letter, with strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM Guidelines for the Treatment of Refugee Records.
- Uses reports to monitor specialized caseloads including minors, expedites, family reunification and long stayers in the pipeline.
- Reviews unit SOPs and guidelines periodically and suggest updates if/when necessary.
- Attends scheduled dry runs and provides feedback as necessary.
- Participates in process reviews.
- Takes the lead role in hiring and payment of interpreters if needed by the unit.
- Compiles information for Case Processing/ Processing Support management feedback.
- Occasionally travels to different processing locations to provide case status information to USRAP applicants, conduct cross-referencing and decision counselling, support Field Processing and USCIS on admin days, and solicit refugee information for the purpose of case processing and updating.
- Other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
Five (5) years’ of paid work experience is required.
Prior paid work experience with CWS Africa is required.
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The Senior Case Processing Assistant must have the ability to:
- accurately type 35 wpm with a 93% accuracy rating;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- pass the job knowledge assessments with score of 80% or higher; pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/ pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level and using fine finger movements.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will work in an open plan office.
Certificate of Good Conduct is required before the start of employment.
How to apply
Click on CWS careers site – https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com .